Regular Meetings will be held on the first Thursday of every month in the Pine Hill Middle School Media Center between 6:30-7:30.
PTO School Liaison- Mrs. Denise Vuono Phone: 856- 210-0200 ext. 6212
PTO Email: email@example.com
Wow! The summer is over! Where does the time go? What did I miss?
The PTO has been busy preparing for the new school year- fundraisers, book fairs, and holiday event organizing, pre-graduation planning, etc. The PTO to-do list is growing and things are only going to get busier in the months to come. So, what does that mean? In a word…HELP! The PTO has a place and need for everyone!
Top 10 Reasons to Join the Pine Hill Middle School PTO
1. Your child benefits. When parents get involved, their kids are more likely to. Research consistently shows that kids whose parents are involved get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems at school.
2. Be a part of your child's day without hovering. Your middle school student will at some point (probably at lots of points) pretend he/she doesn't know you. They still want you around, but they just can’t say so with witnesses.
3. Middle School goes fast. Blink and you will miss it. Get involved now because high school graduation will be here before you know it. Trust us on this one.
4. Make new friends. Yes, you have lots of friends already, but you may be missing out on another great friend.
5. We get to pick what we sell and do. As a non-profit organization, the only slight downside of a PTO is that we exist on fundraisers and donations. We try to keep the fundraisers to a minimum throughout the year. When we have to sell something, we sell things we like and use, and 100% of what is earned goes to our school and kids. The more involvement we have, the more we can do.
6. A planned escape at 6:30 PM on the first Thursday of each month. "Family, I'm off to a very important meeting. Please clear the table, load the dishwasher and fold the clothes." (You may still have to do those things when you return from the meeting, but it is nice to dream!)
7. Time is valuable. We know you are juggling a million things and don't have time to volunteer. We work full time, we chauffeur kids around, we have other commitments…..we get it. Any bit of time you can spare makes a difference. Monthly meetings run just about an hour.
8. You'll get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. Really - you will. We accomplish a lot and not everything we do is easy or visible to others, but it is personally very rewarding. When a grinning student accepts an 8th grade graduation award or comes home with a new student agenda book, know that the PTO was working behind the scenes to make those things happen. No magic here.
9. Get connected. Volunteering provides a great way to get to know school and support staff, as well as community leaders. Everyone has a common bond. We care about creating the best possible educational experience for our children.
10. We need you! Straight and to the point, we need you. Pine Hill Middle School students number almost 500, but PTO volunteers to help provide for those students number just a fraction of that. We need you to share ideas, interests, skills and time. Most of all, we need you to share our commitment of giving our children the best educational experience possible.
We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting or event! Thank you for your continued support!